RE: Outlook 2007, JAWS 11

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:02:04 -0400

Sue,

If I understand your suggestion correctly the result is that you are no
longer presented with grouping options. What, then, are you left with? How
are the messages organized after you do this?

Here's a related question. The messages in my inbox are ordered the way I'm
accustomed to, with the most recent on the bottom. In another folder where I
direct messages from this list, they're also organized chronologically, but
this time the most recent message is on top. In yet a third folder, all the
messages I've sent appear first, and only then do other people's messages
appear in chronological order from top to bottom. Telling Outlook to group
by date doesn't change either of these last two folders. Is there a way to
gain consistency throughout the folders? does the method you describe
accomplish this?

I hope most of these concerns will be seen as JAWS issues. A person looking
at an Outlook screen will see right away what is happening and what is
needed. JAWS doesn't make the process intuitive, but the suggestions I've
received from listers have helped me greatly in using JAWS to navigate the
application.

  _____