Re: Outlook 2003 versus Outlook Express

  • From: "curmudgeon" <one2three4five6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 07:16:11 -0700

i am currently writing up a help file for new students of mine
mainly i use express,
but have outlook set up in one of 20 accounts
as much as possible the same as express
this is what i have written up so far,
to help someone use either,  program
outlook express, or outlook

Similarities and differences

Note:

many of the controls are the same

in either, outlook express and Microsoft outlook

the same in both

control n, for new  message

to send a message alt, s

To reply to a message, Use Control + r

To reply to all in a message, Use Control + Shift + R.

To forward a message, Use Control + F.

To send and receive Email messages,

control m,

to move a email from the in box to a different folder,

highlite the email in question,

press control shift and the letter v,

down arrow or, press the letter of the folder  you want to move the email
to,

press  enter to move the email

to open the address book,

control shift and the letter b

outlook express only

to compact all messages,

press, alt f, then press the letter f,

then, press the letter f, again

and all messages are compacted

different in OUTLOOK EXPRESS

when in the in box, and have read email, and have deleted the  messages,
and want to delete the deleted messages from the deleted item folder,

without leaving the in box

press alt e, for edit menu,

press the letter y, to move to the

empby the deleted item folder,

press the letter y again, to yes delete the items in the deleted folder,

the deleted items folder  is emptied

without leaving the in box

the Difference in OUTLOOK

when in the in box, and have read email, and have deleted the  messages,
and want to delete the deleted messages from the deleted item folder,

without leaving the in box

press  alt t, for tools,

press the letter y, to move to the

empby the deleted item folder,

press the letter y again, yes to delete the items in the deleted folder,

the deleted items folder  is emptied

without leaving the in box

for OUTLOOK only

To send and receive Email messages, Use F5 or,

control m,

To go to a specific folder, Use Control + Y.

To move an item to a specific folder, Control + Shift + V.

To display short cuts for Outlook, Use shift + F10.

To move to the InBox from anywhere, Control + shift + I.

To display the screen tips for Outlook, Use Shift + F1.