Out of Memory

  • From: "Edward Marquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:53:09 -0600

I think this may be JAWS related, but I am not sure.  With a fairly long
(about 40 pages) document loaded, MS Word, usually when reading
word-by-word (though not limited to that situation), announces that it
has insufficient memory and that the action being undertaken cannot be
undone if I choose to proceed.  I hit "Y" and continue.  Granted, the
document is complex with automatic numbering, styles, automatic
cross-references, and the like, but I have one GB of RAM, and I should
think that would definitely be sufficient.  This happens both on my 1 GB
laptop running Windows XP Professional and my 1 GB desktop machine
running Windows 2000.
My secretary does not have the same problem.  She has less memory, but
no JAWS.
All other applications are shut down when this happens.  I am running
JAWS 4.51, with the patch.
Any ideas?  Do I really need more memory?

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 561- 7111