Re: Organizing favorites into folders...

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 08:04:29 -0700

I have no idea if this applies to Windows 98, and whether that might account
for your inability to use this.   I only began to use this hotkey to open my
computer and Windows Explorer since I started using Win XP Home a few years
ago.  I'm sure someone else on the list has the expertise to say if it isn't
possible and one gets to Windows Explorer and My computer with another
keystroke in Win 98.  I mean, other than resorting to the workaround of the
Run dialogue.  Finally, if whatever you do works for you, it works, and
that's fine.  I was just supplying the basic, standard approach in case it
wasn't known by some.  On this kl list, I'm often surprised to find people
resorting to the Run dialogue for procedures that I consider perfectly
doable in Windows, usually with no more bother or keystrokes.