Re: Opening email from list

  • From: "harry bates" <hdbates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 01:59:42 -0400

I tried your suggestion, and it did not work for me.  I even downloaded and
installed jfw5.1, and it works the same, requiring a press of the enter key
on the desired message to be opened, then tab once and then do a say all
jaws command,
 for all jaws applications including jaws4.51, jaws5.0 and jaws5.1.
There must have been some change in the windows update service pack2 which
caused Outlook Express messages to no longer be read automatically when
using jaws to open a message.  I have tinkered with just about all of the
Outlook Express settings that I can think of, and the results are the same;
no augomatic reading of messages when the enter key is used to open the
message.  I am open to further experimentation, if someone can suggest
another way to make jaws read the messages automatically when opened.  If
not, I can live with it the way it is, because I delete most of my messages
without opening them any how!