RE: Open with?

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:00:39 -0500

Hi.
        The instructions you've been given are for 2000, XP, and possibly
ME. Perhaps you're using Windows 95/98? If so, hit shift+ the applications
key, not simply the applications key. This equates to a shift+right click,
if you don't have a windows keyboard. You will then see an "Open with"
option on the menu. Try this even if you're using ME, as I'm not sure when
Microsoft stopped requiring the use of a shifted right click to get open
with.
        Good luck and, BTW, when you select wordpad to open the document
you're working with, make sure the box for "always use this program to open
this type of file" is unchecked unless you want wordpad opening all your
documents.
        Aman