Re: On 8 say all key change, how?

  • From: tickpub@xxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:30:19 -0800

Hi again, don't know if my return message got through, had a lock up
during send. But you mention a repair; I'll do it but the repair feature
in 8 is no longer in the sub Jaws menues under programs. Where and how do
we now do a repair?
This might be a place to start.
Thanks
MMM

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:29:29 -0600 Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> [...]
> different programs that this could be in that
> it's impossible to know without more
> details.  your second issue definitely sounds
> like it's somehing with JAWS not keeping
> focus.  When you install JAWS 8.0, the say all
> feature is hard coded into JAWS, in other words
> it just happens. it's not something you can turn
> on and off. it's based on a key press that you
> do, so you can't go into the options and say
> well, i don't want this to happen, so if i turn
> it off, I won't get a say all when I hit insert
> plus down arrow. you get it wether you want it or not.
> I would recommend that you either contact FS tech
> support, or try to repair JAWS and see if that helps things.
>

> At 06:20 PM 1/31/2007, you wrote:
> >Sorry, maybe not telling it exactly!
> >But its not working for me...
> >
> >Hi all, hope someone can help?
> >
> >Got some problems in 8.
> >
> >Two things now:
> >
> >Ok, just uploaded the new 8 jaws. And forever,
> >I?ve used the Insert plus the down arrow key, as
> >sticky keys to do a say all. But now with the
> >upgrade the only thing that it does is?
> >
> ><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
> >
> >Hit insert and then the down arrow key  and it only reads the one
> line!
> >

> >I?ve done the insert F2 K keyboard-default-say
> >all key (which is a default hot key)  and even
> >though it says that this is the key, it will not work.
> >
> >Tried resetting it but it still does the same old thing.
> >

> >What might be wrong? Is there a setting with
> >sticky keys or an insert key somewhere that must be switched?
> >

> >Second problem is that when I do a page down and
> >or a page up and the cursor goes to that page or
> >lands on a first line in the paragraph, it does
> >not read it or say anything, what do I do to
> >make it talk and let me know that it has landed on a line of text?
> >
> >Or if I do a Control Home it jumps to first line
> >at top but does not say anything. I have to key
> >one line down and then back up one line in order
> >to make it read the first line so I know there is something there.
> >

> >Is there a setting to make it speak please?
> >
> >MMM
> >
> >Thanks all....
> >

> >On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 01:05:14 -0600 Chris
> >Skarstad <<mailto:toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > > hi.  Um????
> > > *shrugs* the say all insert  plus down arrow
> > > works fine here. it worked like this from every version of JAWS
> i've
> > > ever used.
> > >

> > > and as we've said many many times on the list
> > > already the SAPI 5 voices, do. not. come with the
> > > version you download off the website.
> > > You must have the CD for those, FS will send you
> > > that, you'll get it at the same time you get JAWS
> > > 8. you'll get 2 cds. one of them will be your
> > > JAWS program CD and the other one will be the SAPI 5 voices.

> this?

> > > "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

ists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com
> > > JFW List instructions:
> > <mailto:jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
> > >
> > <mailto:jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > with the word unsubscribe in the subject
> > > line.
> > > Archives located at:

<//www.freelists.org/archives/jfw>//www.freelists.org/archives/
jfw

> > > If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
> > > list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
> > > list. Rather contact the list owner at
> > <mailto:jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >

> >Michael Thanks You...
> >TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
> >And <http://www.ticktalk.net/>www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
> >Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!
> >

> >__________ NOD32 2024 (20070131) Information __________
> >
> >This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
> ><http://www.eset.com>http://www.eset.com
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> line.
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
> list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
> list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!