Office 2000 downloaded sounds

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <jvejil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 00:51:23 -0600

Hi all.

I'm sorry to reopen this discussion again, but doing a repair on JFW, a
repair on MS Word 2000, and finally, as a last resort, uninstalling and
reinstalling MS Word 2000 made no change in the behavior of the spell
checker, i.e., no verbal notification that it was completed.

A friend of mine downloaded and sent me sounds.exe from the Microsoft web
site, and I have installed them.  Now I need to know what to do with them.

The box in Word 2000 is already checked which allows sound
notification.  How do I assign sounds to a few things, the spell checker,
completion for one?  I feel kind of stupid even asking about this, but I
didn't even know there were Office 2000 sounds available until someone
recommended I try them.

If anyone can give me some step by step instructions, please feel free to
write me privately at jvejil@xxxxxxxxx so as to not clutter up the list.

Thanks.

Jeanie Vejil