Odd facebook gibberish in Firefox

  • From: "CrisMunoz54" <crismunoz54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 07:33:14 -0800

Hello list,

I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else notice when on the Facebook
website while in the Firefox browser, that certain links are read as gibberish
or in a foreign language? For example,
kezdőlap
Arkadaşlar Alt+Shift+3

Mesajlar Alt+Shift+4

értesítések Alt+Shift+5
This is what it says above the search edit field instead of where it should say
notifications, messages etc. I looked it up and I believe that it's Hungarian.
Also, where you're told which friends are online right now before the events
section, instead of Jaws reading the name of the person, it will just read html
garbage as a link.

It's always been there, but I just never got around to asking about it. This is
not the case when in IE and yes, my language settings are set to English.

Just thought I'd ask and see if it's an issue for all jaws users, or it's
another fb thing that needs fixing or if it 's somehow something exclusive to
my set up. Oh, I'm using JFW 12.0.525 if that makes a difference.

Thanks.