Re: Objects in Word?

  • From: "Brandon Keith" <brandonboy13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:14:46 -0700

Ahh, thank you, but:
I find notepad cuts off some lines when I arrow down, so I don't use it. (so
when I read it sometimes cuts off a line) so I need to just do read all to hear
everything on one line.
Is there a way to fix this so Jaws always reads the full line with the up and
down arrow?

As for the blind guy in Cathedral:
When I read that I didn't think Carver knew what he was talking about, so I
went through and fixed all his misconceptions with my annotations then brought
it into my English 1B class and the teacher asked my opinion after everyone
talked about it, so I read the list. After I finished listing the ton of things
that were wrong with that blind guy's depiction, one of the kids asked me how I
knew so much about blindness and they wouldn't believe I was blind (even though
I wear headphones and carry a white cane and don't take any paper handouts in
class).
But if you take the blind guy and treat carver like he knew what he was talking
about (and the blind guy was just putting on an act with those sighted people),
the book becomes very sexual and I got kind of weirded out that that blind guy
was taking so much advantage of those sighted people. :P
But I do agree that because most sighted people don't get that that depiction
was so wrong it was really bad Carver published that story. (Bad Lish!) It
really puts a bad connotation on blindness .
I'm just thinking I should write a fictional book with the blind guy as the
character and not tell the reader he's blind till it pops up in conversation or
something. Just to show sighted people that we really aren't that much
different than them. (Just omit sight from the book, or have a low vision
character and have vague visual descriptions).
I'm not a English major, but if anyone is, I think if you wrote a book like
this, it will become a classic. (and if it is done well ABC and all those big
channels will pick you up).
Thank you and sorry for my long OT...

Brandon Keith

Check out