Re: OT-scan disk and checking for errors

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:30:58 -0400

Sandi,

    Yes, End it All can still be had at:

http://www.jfwlite.com/programs.html

there are scripts for it, too.
Margaret

"sandi kelly" wrote:

Hi all,
I have been fighting with checking for errors and scan disk all day
long.
I am running windows 98.
I have sbc yahoo dsl.
I turn my jfw off and exit out of all my programs.
I start my error checking and it keeps staring over and then gives me
the
message that it has restarted 10 times.
I have shut down my computer wrong so I get that dreaded blue screen
when I
boot up and it scans for errors just fine there and boots up.
I have also unplugged my dsl power and phone line from their box.
I know that I must have something still running on the computer but
for the
life of me I don't know what it is.
I remember a long time ago there was a program called end it all and
was
wondering if it was still around or if any of you computer whizzes
would
have any words of wisdom for me.
Thanks so much.
Sandi