Re: OT - Word Attachments in Outlook 2003

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:28:29 -0800

Hi,
I feel as if I may have missed earlier messages about this topic.  But I
don't understand the problem you describe below.  When I receive an
attachment, or multiple attachments with an email (my email client is
Outlook Express, just for reference), I press Insert A to focus on the
attachment list.  Then I press enter on whichever of the attachments I wish
to open.

Then a standard Windows warning dialogue appears, reminding me that some
attachments might not be a good idea to open, etc., and asking me to choose
to open, save, or back out of the action.  Generally, I know what the
attachment is, who it's from, and whether or not I wish to open it, and I
click OK to open it if it's text of any sort such as a Word document or a
plain text document, and of course if it's an executable program I either
run it from that point or save it to a folder to run later.

But, so far as documents are concerned, which seems to be what you're
talking about, nothing prevents a text file or a Word documents from simply
opening and allowing me to read it with Jaws.  I don't understand what
impedes you at this point that you attribute to a problem caused by rich
text, which is formatting that is applied only to an email message itself,
not to any attachments sent along with it.  And rich text in a message ought
to be no more of a problem than, say, reading a Word document formatted in
this font or another font.

Please explain what is impeding you and requiring a workaround.  Thanks.
can tohing op