OT - Word Attachments in Outlook 2003

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:22:46 -0600

Hi All:

I had someone ask me yesterday about this so I'm posting it here.  When
using Outlook 2003, if you try opening a MS Word attachment from within
a message, it opens it up in a read only mode that JFW cannot handle.
While one can fix this by hitting "OK" on the box that comes up, then
going to the view menu and selecting "normal view," the person who asked
me about this wants to know if there is any way to change Outlook's
default behavior so that word attachments are opened up in another view
such as normal or print view.  Does anyone know if this behavior can be
changed and how to do it?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-666-1331, Ext. 3651
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx