Re: OE Silences

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:10:34 -0400

Thanks for your response, Vicky. I must have missed your earlier message. I just now went through a series of list messages and found that waiting for that amount of time does allow speech to return. But, as I'm sure you'd agree, that time mounts up.

To respond to another suggestion, Yardbird's method has two drawbacks, if time is a consideration. First, to escape out of a message is one decision, then what to do with it another. Also, when you click on a message, you have to wait a moment to suffer through all the headings. Before this 8.0.2107 upgrade, I'd press control to silence JAWS, then start reading the contents of the next message. On an active list such as this one, skipping through messages in this fashion, either deleting or saving from within the message field, cumulatively saves time.