Re: OE Silences

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:41:55 -0700

Adrian,

Please, I think you're dramatically overestimating how troublesome it may be
to handle email as I do. Time  constraints? What kind of time constraints?
How rushed are you, anyway? I don't understand that. Big decisions to make?
I don't get that, either. As for having to wait for something, no, I don't
have to sit like a passive dummy and listen to Jaws read the headers. Once
I've heard the message listed on the inbox list and chosen to press enter,
I've heard who sent it and the subject line, so when I click on it, I just
maximize the window with alt spacebar x and press control home and say all
and let 'er rip. Now, that takes all of about a second and a half , for
goodness' sake, not to offend the more prim among us. I don't see what there
is to make an argument about. if all that's too much to handle in a busy
day, I hope you're keeping up with things and not letting your blood
pressure and cholesterol beer too much into the danger zone under all that
pressure. :-)

From: "Vicky Collins" <v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm not sure if you saw my message of last night where I talked about a
similar problem with OE. So, just in case, I'll ask to make sure. When you
get that silence after hitting the delete key, are you waiting several
seconds, say fifteen or twenty, to see if speech does start? Vicky Collins
v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx