Re: OE Message Limits

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:02:16 -0800

Hi Dave,
You wrote:

Well, you are looking at one of those people who don't toss out anything. I archive all my past E-Mails into other folders in OE, and in one case had 27
thousand messages, just  in the MIDI Mag archives. None were ever deleted
automatically by OE. Not sure I subscribe to the idea of a limitation in
size, but then I probably don't let my folders get larger than 2 Gb.

I can definitely relate, and I think I've got you beat. I have a folder which contains over 60 thousand messages and it's about 554 megs.

Just checked, and that large MIDI Mag folder of several years worth of
messages is *only* 719 Mb in size, so I've got at least another 10 years
worth of storage space in that folder, alone. I'm so very relieved, being
the compulsive collector that I am.

Well, thank God I'm not the only e-mail pack rat out there. I keep rationalizing this by saying that I may find some useful info in there somewhere, and I have had some luck with searching for things that I really needed. I've got stuff that goes back years and years, and it is fun, on occasion, to pore through it, pick a time frame and see what people were writing about back then.

Tom

Alternative archives located at: