RE: OCR

  • From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:29:04 -0400

If you have the microsoft office image writer you should have an OCR.  The
image writer has an OCR package which is a version of scansoft.  I believe it
is an optional install so you will have to check.
The microsoft image writer is a virtual printer so you can find it in the
control panel under printers and faxes.
If you open your pdf document choose print, then  select the microsoft image
writer and hit print.  This will bring up the image writer.  You then need to
go to the tools menu and select send document to word.  It will then perform
OCR and open it in microsoft word.
From there you should be good to go.

Tom Bisset