Re: NumericDataSayNextAsSingleUnit WAS: read entire number fails in Notepad

  • From: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:48:21 -0500

I'm not having any problems reading these numbers with the numeric data
keystrokes in outlook express.  The information describing this keystroke
set is still on the freedom web site.  WE have seen many situations where
behavior across systems is different here on this list and with jaws
elsewhere.  I suspect that this is one of those but a good deal of testing
needs to be done to either pin down the cause and or to eliminate it.

One thing that springs to mind is whether or not the view in word makes a
difference in this behavior.  For instance, print or normal view.  I believe
that word xp defaults to print view.  I will also add here that if you use
the numeric data keystrokes in a virtual buffer, you will be moving between
the first and last elements in that buffer.  This in effect criples its
functionality on financial web pages where there might be lots of strings
that you need these keystrokes for unless jaws key or controll key behave
differently when modifying lef tand right arrow keys than they do else
where.