Num Pad with laptop

  • From: "Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:37:23 -0500

I bought a num pad for the laptop and hooked it up today.  I went through
add new hardware, so it would recognize it.  There is no software with the
num pad.  When the num lock is off, the keys work, as they should.  But,
when it's on, and a number is pushed, there's kind of a clunk and it says
"num lock off.  If I press the key firmly, I can hear the number, before it
says num lock off.  But, how do I get rid of that announcement and just get
the numbers, when it should be saying numbers?

Oh, by the way, I'm using JAWS 10 on the laptop, Windows XP Home, and I
think that's all I can think of to help, as far as background.

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln