Re: Norton anti-virus software was Positive report on AVG Free Edition v. 7.5 with Jaws

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 17:42:26 -0800

Hi Craig,
I currently have Norton anti-virus software and like it. The screens are
accessible with jaws. As for a sound to alert the user that a scan is done I
don't know of one and asked a few people and they also don't know of one. A
helpful hint about Norton is that the best time of the year to buy it is in
May. This is when it comes on sale and you can usually pick it up for a real
good price after rebates. I personally don't like the fully bundled package
of internet securities because I am behind a router but have heard that it
is much better than in the past. For just a general anti-virus program the
AVG software is a great deal and as others have pointed out it is really
jaws friendly.

HTH

Rich