Re: Norton and Jaws Start automaticly

  • From: "Steve Gomes" <finnygomes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:58:59 -0700

ya know what? I found it. it was from walter siren.
Are you talking about ndetect? If so, here are the instructions that were posted on the jfwlite list a while back.

When we were first discussing this issue Suymantec, > suggested an
alternative which appeared at the time to be preferable to  loosing the
convenience of having jaws start before the login dialog appears. > I have
slightly simplified the instructions that Norton gave and they follow. First
using startup manager or msconfig delete or uncheck the scheduling agent.
the program name is mstask.exe.

 then press the windows logo key followed by r and in the run dialog paste
> the following line.

 c:\windows\start menu\programs\startup

 After the folder is located press alt+f then w for new. then press s until
 You hear short cut then press enter.

 at the command line prompt paste in the following line:

 c:\windows\system\mstask.exe

 Tab to ok and press enter.
 .

 Tab to Finishh and press s enter.
 Then the Norton program will start substantially after jaws and the
problem should go away.

Walter Siren