RE: News for vips

  • From: "Midence, Alex" <MidenceA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:31:00 -0600

That's how I got it set.  The American English accent Jaws has is quite
annoying.  Another way to change languages without getting into the jaws
window is if you hit control+leftwindows+l and it'll bring up the language
list for you.  Have you tried speech and sounds manager yet?  You can make
Jaws change voices depending on what it's reading.  Links have a woman's
voice and headings have a deeper man's voice.  Quotes have this high pitched
wussy male voice and the rest is in normal pitch.  Really neat and doesn't
mess up the flow of what you're reading like it would if it has to say the
word link or something.  It's in config manager in the set options bar.  The
last one is the web out loud scheme I was talking about.  It's kind of funny
to hear it in British.   Sounds like cartoons or something.
Later, all

Alex Midence