Re: New member

  • From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:01:40 -0800

Hi, Parimala.  Welcome to the list.  My name is Rosemarie.  That's neat you're
a member of a list that's part of Access India.  I haven't heard of it but
that's interesting.

I have worked at different jobs like factory work and medical transcription.  I
also do volunteer work for the La Habra Community Center here in my hometown on
Wednesdays.  I knit things like baby blankets, little hats, booties and I also
make afghans and lap robes which are blankets.  Then I donate them to needy
people.  Mainly I make baby things and donate them to the La Habra Life Center.

I've taken computer classes at different placeslike the Braille Institute and
at ROP which stands for regional occupation Center.  Now I'm taking one at
Cyprus College.  I have a very good instructor named Andrea and she's a great
teacher.

That's neat you enjoy music.  I like just about all kinds of music.  I
especially love the old rock of the 50's and 60's.  I grew up during that era
so that music means a lot to me.

I also love to visit with family and friends when I get a chance.  I'm hoping
to join the Orange County chapter of California Counsel of the Blind.  I have
gone to some of their meetings and it's a nice organization.

Well, this is about it for now.  Take care.  Welcome to the list.  I hope
you'll find it helpful to you if you have any questions about Jaws and programs
relating to Jaws.
Rosemarie