Re: New here with a JAWS question

  • From: "1SmartDog@xxxxxxx" <1smartdog@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:56:21 -0600

Hello Gary,
Actually, the problem is the same with any book. Somehow my settings are such
that simply pressing either space or enter just doesn't work. I did figure out
late last night that I have to use the virtual cursor to find the button, route
jaws to virtual pc, turn off virtual cursor then hit right mouse button and
arrow down to play. If I do that, I can get it to play. But then, once it
plays, I wind up in some toolbar I can't get out of. I have to close the
browser and start over. I think I have a mess.

On a similar note, here's another similar thing with a video if you're
interested.

Go to KingArthurFlour.com
click on the "Baking Sheet" (it's a newsletter
then click on "pie decorations"

On that page is a button to play the video. Using the above method, I do get
the context menu but there is no option to play.

I'm stumped but I'm a great cook. I'll send your family something wonderful if
you can figure out this problem (big smile).

Karen