Re: New computer & Jaws

  • From: "Jack Chen" <jackchenonline@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:44:14 -0500

I will say that the Lenovo Thinkpad X61 I received last September running Vista
has a number of problems.
I am running Jaws 8
1. There is a lag each time a key is hit.  I've gotten around this problem by
opening up Windows Media Player, starting to play a file, and pausing the file.
 Then the response time is normal.  Freedom Scientific had no idea how to solve
the problem.
2. Jaws will often say that there is an error (6), threaten to run in demo
mode, and then shut down.  If I restart jaws (not having to restart the
computer), everything is fine.
3. Jaws will not read the amount of battery life left using the Jaws+Shift+B
keystroke.  It simply says "battery status not found."

jack