Re: New FSCast Reveals Big News about JAWS 10

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:56:19 -0400

Hello everyone:

The itunes feature won't affect me at all, as I use my Nokia N91 phone as my
portable media player.

It will be interesting to hear how this new JAWS Feature compares with the
Itunes scripts

The Tandem function will save a great deal of time for those of us who are
training clients when they are having problems with their computers and JAWS
and we have to make a special visit in order to diagnose and fix it,
assuming the problem cannot be resolved over the phone.

The other week, I tried to help a JAWS user over the phone with a problem
they were having with their computer and JAWS.

After some time, the client asked me to come to their house and fix it.

It took me one and a half hours to get there, one hour to sort out the
problem and explain and show the person how to find and fix it in the
future, then travel the same amount of time to get home.

Using the Tandem function, I could have accessed their computer, found the
problem, fixed it, and taught them how to diagnose the problem and fix it in
the future for themselves, all without leaving my home, saving me the three
hours I spent traveling, plus the original time I spent on the phone, which
I could have put to better use.

Not that I begrudge going to people's homes or workplaces to fix problems,
but time is money and a function such as this means that trainers and
technicians will be able to respond to the needs of their customers and
clients more efficiently.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Sincerely: