Need video card suggestions.

  • From: "K. Washington" <kwashington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 01:43:59 -0400

Hello.  I have a request.

Just got a new HP/Compaq Presario SA4000T system.  Runs good, but JFW
5.0.84 doesn't work well with the ATI RADEON X300 Series video card
installed in it.

Have did all necessary display tweaks (Changing the default display to
Windows Classic, Disabling all effects, etc.)

JFW keeps having focus issues with this card, no matter what I do, so I am
just going to buy another one.

It seemed to work great with the NVidia Riva TNT video card (Had installed
on previous system), but I just want you guys recommendation for the newest
video card on the market today that you would recommend for working great
with JFW 5.0.84 running under Windows XP Home Edition.

I do have a family that loves the TV tuning/SVCD connection functionality
of this ATI RADEON X300 Series card, so hopefully there is one on the
market that does work flawlessly with JFW right out of the box ... I am
praying it is by the NVidia company.

Please give name and model number if possible.  I have had it with this ATI
card.

Thanks.