Re: Need some info on pop up blockers

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:32:10 -0700

Hi,

What does the Firefox browser have to do with popups?  I don't believe
pop-ups are automatically either encouraged or discouraged by either Mozilla
Firefox or Internet Explorer.

In any case, a lot of pop-up blockers are Jaws accessible.  currently, I'm
using the one you can activate on the Google special too bar, and once it's
working, there's no issue either way ablutt screen reader access.  You don't
have anything to do, except to learn the keystroke for temporarily disabling
the blocker when it's preventing you from opening a Web page that registers
as a pop-up with the program, or a feature on a web page that is essentially
a pop-up, technically, although not advertising.

I've forgotten how to activate the Google toolbar pop-up blocker, but I
learned how to do it from listening to a Main Menu explanation, which you
can find by going to the ACB radio Web site.

Others may know where to help you find the program.

There are other pop-up blockers, such as Pop-up Killer and Popnot, and they,
too are no problem to use with Jaws.  But they all cost something, and the
Google one works great and doesn't cost a thing.
The Web URL for that is:
 http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/----- Original Message -----

Hope this helps,
Daniel