Re: Need help with a simple windows problem.

  • From: "Rob" <musicmaker365@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 19:21:42 -0600

Yes, I just did it to varify it will
open txt files at startup.
if you need more help
contact me off list at
musicmaker365@xxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Arnowitt" <MA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Need help with a simple windows problem.

Rob,
Can you use this program to make Windows launch automatically for you specific MS Word files on bootup (not just programs, but specific files within programs)? I have several files I use every day such as a calendar file, things to do file, phone number list (sorry I am a little low tech but I just do all these things in word processing files and use control + f to navigate), and a file to log health issues. I tried once to figure out how to make Windows open these set files for me every day at startup but it didn't work. I tried putting shortcuts to these files into a start-up subfolder I was pretty sure was the right one, but couldn't get it to work. I'll admit it wouldn't save me a ton of keystrokes, but I tend to push the button for my computer on at the beginning of each day and then walk away for a while, and it would be pretty sweet to come back and have all my daily files opened for me. I'm using XP.
Michael

At 03:07 PM 11/9/2010, you wrote:
Hi,
I use a program called Starter.
no need to install, just unzip it to your program files folder, or anywhere you wish.
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3387062/starter.zip>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3387062/starter.zip

Alternative archives located at: