Re: Need help finding a file

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:41:40 -0500

Hi Chevelle,
Glad to hear that it worked fine! Now, here is how to display the full path in
XP whenever you want in order for Jaws to read it:
When you have a Search Results window or any folder or sub-folder window active
on the screen, just go the View menu using Alt + V, arrow down to Choose
Details and hit Enter. You could have pressed c key instead to obtain the same
results. A Choose Details box will appear. Here, you can either Tab or press
Alt + W to get to the Width of selected column in pixels field. Type 300 or
400, or more and hit Enter for OK. Test your path with Jaws. Here, I would just
arrow down to see if there are any other dot dot dot around. You can repeat
this procedure at will until you get what you want to hear. One of these days,
we would have to start determining the real physical size of any item on the
computer screen, including file path. That's my favorite adaptive stuff during
training.
Adam