Re: Need Accessible Audio Editor

  • From: William <oflare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 14:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

I'm new to the list (just joined today), but I might
have an answer for you.

There's an audio editor program called Audacity. It's
free and will let you edit wav and mp3 files. It does
NOT, however, come with the encoder for exporting mp3
files. But if you already have a program like
MusicMatch you can search for the needed file.

That said, I only recently started teaching JAWS and I
don't use it all the time (my wife is legally blind).
I did just start JAWS and ran Audacity and checked a
few things and it gave correct audio feedback.

Also, I haven't used the input feature of Audacity,
but it does have it.

The link to download is this:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

William O'Flaherty