Re: Narrator & JFW Installation

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:32:43 -0600 (CST)

The only thing you'd need Narrator for, if at all, is finding the file to
run. Here's how I do it, for whatever it may be worth.

1. I download the file off the Net.

2. I make careful note of where I put it, and give it an easy name. In my
case: c:\temp\jfw.exe

3. I shut down any screen reader and so on. This puts me on my own for all
of perhaps twenty seconds.

4. I enter Windows-key+R for the run dialog, then type

c:\temp\jfw.exe

5. At this point, JAWS's installation starts talking and all is well.

6. When the installation is complete, I'm free to move/rename my JFW file
if I want to keep it for backup, but I always personally keep the current
version's installation file in c:\temp\jfw.exe so it's always there for
easy access.

That's how I do it, at any rate.

Bruce

--