My updated Winamp Scripts was: RE: Latest winamp

  • From: "David Truong" <bnfiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:13:47 +1000

Hi There,

Download my Updated Winamp scripts using the following two urls:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/bnfiles/winamp4jfw.zip
ftp://files:files@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/winamp4jfw.zip

Unzip to jaws settings directory preferably your personal settings rather
than the shared settings. Should work in jaws7 and 8.

Apart from modifying the code so the Winamp library reads better, I have
added a feature where if you set the JumpToRelativeTime you can move through
the audio file using your left and right arrow keys.  This will move through
the file by the value you put in the JumpToRelativeTime.  Also, that
JumpToRelativeTime script has now been moved to alt+j rather than its
present keystroke of alt+Shift+j.  E.G. you invoke JumpToRelativeTime with
Alt+j, you type in 30 (for 30 seconds) and press enter, now if you press
either the left or right arrow keys, you will move backwards through the
audio file by 30 seconds or forward through the audio file by 30 seconds
respectively.  Jaws will announce the present time in your file as you go
through the file as well whilst using your left or right arrow keys. Note
this doesn't work in the Winamp Equaliser for obvious reasons.  If you don't
want the time to be announced, just change your verbosity settings or turn
off status messages.

If you use these Winamp scripts, I take no responsibility for anything that
happens to your PC/laptop or any other variants.  I also offer no technical
support.  In other words, use at your own risk.  The only thing I will say
is that the scripts work great on my machine and on machines of a couple of
other users who have used my modified Winamp scripts.

David Truong

EMail and Messenger:
davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx