Re: My thoughts on my new JAWS 10 upgrade

  • From: mostafa almahdy <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:12:00 +0300

Hi chris:
There's  no  reason to uninstall them
Because  they  are stored in different speech synthesizer.
I' think  that  you can try the following:
bring  up the  voice profile's dialog box, insert control plus S
Hit R once.
how many  voice do you have in that particular synthesizer.
On 5/28/09, Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
> For the past few months I've been running JAWS 10 in 40 minute mode and the
> rest of the time JAWS 9. I have since upgraded to and authorized JAWS 10,
> and so far everything's working as expected. I performed about six Tandem
> sessions for my friends. I was able to update from the first to the current
> build of JAWS 10 with no problems. The other features are working great,
> particularly autoforms mode. I do, however, have a slight issue, but I think
> this is because I have the RealSpeak SAPI5 synthesizers installed.
> Basically, although I installed RealSpeak Solo Direct I can't see them in my
> list of voice profiles. I restarted JAWS, and even my PC, and they're still
> not there. Do I need to remove the SAPI5 version first before I can see
> them? Please advise. Otherwise all is well. Thanks for any help you can
> offer.
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> Alternative archives located at:

mostafa muhammad taric almahdy
skype account:
my_speaker
best regard
it's always hope that gives meaning to life
Alternative archives located at: