Re: My 20 digit authorization Code, and installing a new JAWS

  • From: michael kizer <mkizer02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:12:50 -0400

if the key is saved on your pc you won't have to worry about it it will be there for you

On 8/11/2010 12:21 PM, Alan Dicey wrote:
Dear Friends,
I am finally going to install JAWS 11.
Well, yes, I am shocked myself!
LOL!
I downloaded the latest JAWS 11 from the SF web site last week, even though I have the CD around here some where, I wanted the latest version of JAWS 11.
My Question:
During the installation, which I am going to do in a little bit, I know it is going to ask you for the 20 digit "Authorization code"!
Well I have that, I got it from SF the other day!
But since you are not suppose to have any Applications running while you install JAWS, I do not think I can copy it from the doc file I typed it into and paste it into the edit field when it comes up in the installation. Anyway some times this has not worked with other things requesting passwords and such.
It seems typing it in might be required, I do not know with JAWS.
I suppose I could try to record the 20 digits on a micro cassette recorder and enter them that way, but anyone have any suggestions?
And is this thing about not having any applications open a serious issue?
It has been a long time since I installed a JAWS version and that is why I seem so lame, although I am not saying I am not a bit lame anyway, when it comes to technical issues like this, as I do not want to mislead you!
LOL!
With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Alan Dicey, President
"Yes, Blind or Visually Impaired People Can, and Do, Play Chess!!!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page: http://AmericanBlindChess.org

--
follow me on twitter michaelandedenf
facebook