Re: Mute update

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Devona" <djasister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:48:02 +0100

I have done that too.

Devona

From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:04 PM
To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Mute update

Dear list not long ago my dell desktop muted and I was stuck,I had had a
power cut just before and it happened at same time,  Kind list members
sent in lots of help and I have saved it all. however today I had a
visitor,who noted the Dell 7 keyboard was replaced by a keyboard that is
Microsoft. The engineer who was helping me set up technical things,did not
like the dell keyboard,he said the numberlock stuck and cursor keys did
not respond,so he ordered a new keyboard it is a Microsoft keyboard,and I
put the keyboard that came with windows 7 dell onto my laptop, I do that
for ease of use around house. the visitor noted on the Microsoft keyboard
at top is a mute key! It is in a place it could easily be tapped by
mistake, , One listmember it was not David or chris,but a Jaws user who
had muted his own computer and had to get a sighted person in to help him
get sound back. Many thanks to that person,for I now can simply  tap a
button to bring back sound. I have all the instructions however in case my
laptop mutes .Incidentally the Dell keyboard has no problems such as those
the engineer found it had on the Dell    when used with old xp laptopSo do
look at your keyboards just to see if at top of keyboard you have sucha
key Dorothy

Alternative archives located at: