Re: More response from Eric Damery

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:29:49 -0700

Hi Rick,

As a good rule of thumb, it is a great idea to keep private e-mail messages and
telephone communications private, and not making them public unless you have
confirmed permission from the other party.  I make exceptions with all
communications involving local, state or Federal government programs or
anything even closely related, like Dial-A-Ride.  In those cases, I feel free
to release any e-mails and/or recorded face-to-face or telephone communications
to the public, as I feel I have paid for those with my tax dollars and the
taxpaying public has an inherent right to know.

Not so with business in the private sector or personal communications among
family, friends, etc.  It is important to be careful.  All the same, if someone
publicly comments on a blog, mailing list, voice chat room, etc. then, well,
that's fair game.

Darrell Shandrow - Accessibility Evangelist
Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by another
person.