More about Launchcast

  • From: "Christopher Bartlett" <cwbtt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 06:50:41 -0700

Well, I spent quite a long time futzing around with the Launchcast site,
but was still unable to access the ratings feature that is at the heart
of it.  I did get some response several days after writing to Yahoo
about this, to wit: it's flash and there's no alternate way to access
the controls at this time.  So, with boldness in my heart, I re-enabled
flash for that site (I like the personalized web setttings feature) and
went back.

Now, I can see theratings that previously exist.  I set the ratings
feature to advanced so that I would rate by number from 1 to 100 rather
than four star system.  I can reaed the numbers, but could not for the
life of me figure out where I could edit them.

With this additional info, is there any hope to be able to access this
site before the copyright nazis close it down?  I don't know anything
about Flash and its interaction with JAwS, but maybe wiser heads can
suggest a fix where I failed.

    Chris