Re: Modifying JAWS 6.0 to utilize my DECTalk Express?

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:05:55 -0600 (CST)

When I get up and running with JFW 6, I'm going to have to modify JFW to
be able to use my DecTalk USB, since FS omitted to include support for it
with this version. Does anyone know if/how the modification procedure for
JFW 6 differs from that for JF@ 5?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
For the best oldies anywhere visit http://www.treasureislandoldies.com

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Adam Daou wrote:

> During Jaws 6.0 installation, there's a sorted list of software and hardware
> Speech Synthesizers provided for the user. It contains 9 items: Accent SA,
> Apollo 2, Braille 'n Speak, DECtalk Access32 Software, DECtalk Express,
> Doubletalk LT, FlexTalk Software, Triple-Talk PCI, and Triple-Talk USB. Some
> people are using a hardware synthesizer such as Accent, Doubletalk or DECtalk
> Express, and some have just a sound card which means they can use a software
> synthesizer such as FlexTalk, Eloquence or DECtalk Access 32 Software. So,
> normally, you just check the kind of synthesizer you need when arrowing down.
> For instance, even if I select DECtalk Express, I always select DECtalk
> Access32 Software, and FlexTalk Software, just in case of hardware
> synthesizer failure. Jaws will then ask you to select the Primary Device,
> that is to say the default Speech Synthesizer you prefer. The list provided
> will show the synthesizers you have selected as well as Eloquence for Jaws
> and SAPI 5. Ho!
 pe