Modifying JAWS 6.0 to utilize my DECTalk Express?

  • From: "Beto Escobar III" <betoescobar3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freedom Scientific Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:34:52 -0600

Attention Freedom Scientific and the JFW List Serve-- I have a problem?  Help
me if you can...
I went back through my old E-mails I've sent to Software Support at Freedom
Scientific.  I found one in which I asked them to give me instructions
regarding installing a copy of DECTalk Access 32, well, I used this to follow
regarding installing my DECTalk Express...  Well, this is what happened...

I went through the process and selected modify and then clicked on DECTalk
Express and also selected Eloquence as my back-up synthesizer.  Well, I tabbed
a couple of more times, but JAWS informed me to click on some buttons in
regards to selecting Accent synthesizer?  What?  Accent?  I never selected
Accent as my synthesizer-- so I went back and retracted all of my steps again
and made sure I selected DECTalk Express as my default synthesizer-- but as I
went along-- at the same spot-- JAWS told me the same thing regarding the
Accent Synthesizer?  Well, I'm blind, so I just called my wife over to see if
something was wrong, and **she** told me everything I was doing was correct--
why did JAWS all of a sudden start talking about the Accent Synthesizer?  Well,
the question I have now, Has anyone else in the JFW List Serve Experienced this
when attempting to install their DECTalk Express?  This E-mail is going to both
JFW List Serve as well as the Freedom Scientific Support team.  lets see what
happens between now and Monday morning...  I am sending this off at 10:45 PM
Central Standard Time Saturday night 12/18/04.  Lets see if I can get this
resolved before Monday, and the Freedom Scientific Support Team get a hold of
this E-mail!  I am having a lot of trouble reading my digest form of the list
so if anyone answers me-- please send me an E-mail directly.  Do this just to
ensure I get to read what you sent to the list serve...  My E-mail address is:
betoescobar3@xxxxxxxxxxx

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year as well!

Beto Escobar III