RE: Miranda query

  • From: "Matt Weaver" <weaver_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:04:56 -0500

I hope this is still in keeping with the Miranda and JAWS topic discussion
we're having on this thread.

I pressed Insert plus H for JAWS help while sitting on the main window of
Miranda, and I read the part where it says I could arrow up and down in the
contact list there in the main window to hear my contacts who were online or
offline.  I could then press control plus shift plus S to hear the current
status of that contact.  That sounded great, so I tried it.  I found that it
did not work at all for me.  I figured it was just happening for me.  I
recently got a friend of mine set up with Miranda.  She is using Windows XP,
whereas I am using Windows Millennium.  She could up and down arrow through
the contact list and hear her people who were online and offline.  Now, the
only difference I can conclude for that, is the operating system.  She is
using the AIM plug-in, and the Yahoo plug-in only, whereas I am using just
the MSN, and the IRC plug-ins.  I don't know if the plug-ins make the
difference, but the OS sure does.  I know I need to upgrade to a newer, more
efficient OS, that goes without saying.  I can't really do that at this
time, because my wife is taking online classes, and she doesn't have a break
in her classwork yet for me to take the opportunity to upgrade.  I am wonder
Jim, if you would be willing, or are able to, make some modifications to
make the scripts work for slightly lower versions of Windows, if that indeed
is the problem,; or if you could possibly write me lofflist to instruct me
in what I need to add to the files to make it work better.  I know I'm
behind in the version of Windows, and I see it's becoming increasing harder
to use scripts because they're being designed for the newer OS's only, but I
hope there is a solution until I can upgrade.

Thanks for letting me ramble a bit more on this topic that is getting older
by the day.

Matt