Re: Microsoft Webmail

  • From: "William Sallander" <wsallander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 07:36:03 -0500

When I started my new job recently, I was given an email account.
They wanted us to use the Microsoft webmail service, but I had a very difficult
time with it myself.
I ended up needing to use the desktop client for Office outlook 2003 and it
works fine.
It appears that Microsoft depends alot upon Java which is a bear as far as I'm
concerned when it comes to screen reader accessibility; and yes I even tried
using the access bridge but to no avail.
I'm using Jaws 10 at work so it might be safe to say the Jaws 7 is just as
difficult to work with webmail.
If you hear of any other suggestions, let me know.

Bill