Messages Encoded with Unicode (UTF-8). Was: Access 2007 queries

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:16:29 -0800

Ted,

Some of the consternation from your message attached stems from me. I notice
that in the title bar  (when the message is open)  I see:

RE: Access 2007 queries - Unicode (UTF-8)

I'm using Outlook Express and the only way I could read your message was to
switch over to a different encoding scheme: Western  European (Windows), as
was suggested by another lister.

I wonder if the reason some of us were affected, and other not, was that I
do not automatically convert my messages to plain text when opening. That
may be helpful to others who encounter messages encoded with Unicode
(UTF-8).

Dave
Composed in the Audio Recording and Mixing Studios, San Jose, California