Re: Making Jaws Speak Desktop Icons

  • From: "Bill White" <billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 06:38:51 -0800

Hi, Tom. You wrote:
So, if you're running anything earlier than JAWS 12, go into configuration
manager, go to Set Options, then Advanced. Uncheck the box that says "enable
sleep mode" and click OK, then save the configuration.

Isn't this going to be impossible for her? The minute the WindowsOS.jcf file is
loaded, her speech will silence. She won't be able to navigate to the advanced
settings box and the sleep mode box.
Bill White billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx