Mailing Labels with Word in Office 2007

  • From: "Jerry Berrier" <jerry.berrier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:01:12 -0400

Hi all,

I'm attempting to create a set of mailing labels from an Excel spreadsheet
in Word.  I've done this hundreds of times in office 2003, and I have
succeeded a few times in Office 2007, but I'm not sure what I did to
succeed.  Most of the time, I end up with either only one address label or
only the first page of labels.  I've followed the exact instructions from
the Word help file for creting labels, and still no luck.

I go to mailings, then start mail merge.  Then I select step by step and
then labels.
I select my label options, I'm using Avery 5160).
Then I select my data source.  It opens, and I hit OK.
Then I insert an address block in the first row, then hit the update all
button.
Then I preview labels, and then complete the merge.
I know I'm missing something, and I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what
I'm missing.  I'd especially like suggestions from a JFW user who is
actually able to do this successfully and consistently.

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier
Access Technology Consultant
108 Bumble Bee Circle
Shrewsbury, MA, 01545
Voice calls and Text (SMS): (508) 735-4420
E-mail: jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.birdblind.org