Re: MacAfee with Jaws

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:46:38 -0500

I have  not use McaFee myself, but other JAWS users on this and other lists
have complained about its incompatibility and inaccessibility with JAWS.  Just
because you pay for an anti-virus program does not mean that it is necessarily
"better" or more accessible than a free anti-virus program.  My advice is to
dump McaFee in favor of a simpler, more JAWS accessible anti-virus program like
Microsoft Security Essentials, which runs unobtrusively in the backround and
will not cause crashes or freeze-ups.

Gerald