MSN 6 again

  • From: "Flint Million (jfw)" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:02:55 -0500 (CDT)

My adventures with MSN 6.2 continue...
So I tried switching the color depth to 16bit...totally messed up JFW.
After doing that, JFW wouldn't read anything with a selection bar... no
menus, listboxes, nothing... unless I used the jaws cursor. Moving up and
down the menus? Nothing. Moving up and down a listbox? Nothing. Telling me
what's selected? No no no. So I switch back to 32-bit color, and MSN keeps
doing the same thing it did before. Now, when I'm in MSN, I'm getting
"return 1" being spoken every time a script event fires that's suppsoed to
read something, and again the jaws cursor doesn't see any of the window
(it stops at the menu bar and won't go any lower). Oddly, the MSN problem
disappeared in 16-bit mode, but introduced another unacceptable problem...
This is running on a Dell L500R, with the integrated Intel graphics
chipset. Getting really annoying to reboot every time I want to sign onto
MSN. (again, it does seem to work after a reboot, but after the system's
been up for some time, nothing.)