Re: MSConfig Cleanup

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:46:31 -0400

Yes jaws has scripts MSConfig.
They supposedly should automatically tell you what is checked or not, but I
have often found in various versions of Jaws, that you have to do a say line
to hear the checked status, smile.
I have a helpful hint on MSConfig at:
 http://www.jfwlite.com/messages/MsConfig.txt
Take a look at that and then please let me know any further questions you
might still have.
Debbie
From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I know that there are some of you out there who are as obsessive compulsive
as I am, smile, because you have written me about this before. You can
delete these entries from your registry. But I just found a freeware program
that does it and is jaws friendly.

MSConfig Cleanup MSConfig is a small and helpful tool. It allows you disable
programs which are starting with Windows. Unfortunately you can only disable
items but they remain in the list. MSConfig Cleanup lets you remove the
residue!

http://www.sofotex.com/MSConfig-Cleanup-download_L27479.html

Direct file download link:

http://www.sofotex.com/cgi-bin/ls/jump.cgi?ID=27479