Re: MS word find and replace

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:05:04 -0700

Jerry,

Okay, I see. you know, it's normal for Jaws to announce "find and replace"
repeatedly time as if you had forgotten what you were doing, but it's
supposed to say "edit," then, of course. Right? And it isn't doing that, nor
speaking whatever you enter into the edit fields?

Okay, then you have got another one of those problems with Jaws 8, I'm
afraid. You aren't doing anything wrong. But you knew that. If I were you,
I'd just either email tech support at support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
remembering to give them your serial number, use a clear subject line, and
maybe at least mention the basic specs of your computer (speed, RAM) and
operating system.

 or you could call support on the phone at:

7 2 7,8 0 3, 8600

Because you're going to need help figuring out if there's a way to fix this
by changing some file or setting. Naturally, you should at least run the
Jaws repair first, before asking for help. You know, you find the program
file from which you installed this update, click on it, and then choose the
maintenance option instead of the installation option, and follow the
instructions. If this doesn't help, then just get in touch with them. I
myself am in the middle of a frustrating exchange with tech support where I
spent hours of my time trying to document and diagnose my problems, and
finally was able to convince the Tier 1 guy to escalate my issue to Tier 2,
and now I'm waiting for them to call, as promised. So I sympathize.

But just try the repair and then, if necessary, contact tech support. Just
know that you're not the only one encountering one, two or twenty
malfunctions trying to run Jaws 8 in one or another of its versions.

Good luck. And if you find out how this went bad, and how to fix it, please
post about your experience and share it, okay? Thanks.