Re: MS Word Problem

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:51:43 -0800

John,
Okay.  Well, that makes all the difference.  See, if spell check catches a
typo or a misspelled word (or, in your case, also what it sees as a
grammatical mistake depending on which level of diction you set the program
to judge by) and you don't do anything but say to ignore it, that isn't
recorded anywhere in the document, so it isn't saved when you exit the
document.  Make sense?

I know, it's an inconvenience, sometimes.  I often will work on one document
over a series of many sessions, and periodically check and recheck the
spelling of certain sections or the whole document, just to keep everything
as right as possible.  Which means I have to tell spell check, again and
again, to ignore something it sees as a possible mistake but which I know is
a word or name I deliberately typed but don't prefer to add to the
dictionary because it's too close to another word in spelling and I could
always type it by accident and wouldn't want it to slide through and leave
me with a real error.

But it's not the worst inconvenience in the world for me, so I just grin and
bear it.  Well, sometimes I yell at the spell check and say "hey, didn't I
tell you to ignore that, already?" but that's about it.